Sunday, July 26, 2009

I hate to admit it but I agree with Terrell Owens.

This hurts me, deep and to my heart, but I have to admit it to myself and to the world that I agree with Terrell Owens. He recently came out and said that players and the Players Union need to get involved in the NFL issues a 4 game suspension to Michael Vick. He feels that its ridiculous for a man to get suspended for 4 games after he has just been punished by the legal system for his crimes with a two year prison sentence. I agree with him, it just seems like piling on to add a 4 game suspension to Michael Vick. Michael Vick has paid his debt for his crimes, and served two years in prison. Its ridiculous and frankly a bit pretentious for the NFL to follow that up with a punishment of their own. NFL PA rep for the Bills George Wilson agreed wholeheartedly with what his teammate Owens was saying, so perhaps I will just say that I agree with the former Razorback George Wilson, rather than Owens. Of course the people that know me, know that I am practically a PETA member when it comes to being cruel to animals, but I also believe that when a man has served his sentence he has paid his debt and deserves a chance. Of course I have often disagreed with Mr. Roger Goodell. In regards to Pacman Jones, everybody knows that this man is a thug and an idiot, and nobody was really surprised when he got a one year suspension for his legal woes. But not many people realized that when he was suspended for a year for being involved in three crimes, in none of those instances was he ever convicted of a crime. In the first two they never even made it to court as they were thrown out. We all know he is a punk, but Goodell suspended him for a year for being in trouble with the law, when technically Mr. Jones was never guilty of committing those crimes. Seems a bit silly when you look at it that way. Its a bit steep when we get punished for being accused of a crime, isn't that a bit like guilty until proven innocent?

No comments:

Post a Comment