Sunday, May 17, 2009

Franchise History, Cards and Cubs.

I have been very active in this baseball game called APBA for say 15 years or so. My cousin Joey approached me when I was about 14 with the idea of purchasing this game via mail order. It is an in depth statistical replay game, with different variables and numbers applied to just about every aspect of historical replay. It is VERY accurate in regards to replaying seasons from the past. It is different from video games that are out there, which use stats to form ratings for how that player WILL perform in the next season. Instead it uses its ratings so that players will perform close to the stats that they had in any given season. It works very well, and its very fun to take a team and see if you can improve their records via better bullpen usage, lineups, or by hitting and running more or stealing more bags. My cousin and I have decided to replay 108 seasons so far, with each new season of course added to that with I taking the St. Louis Cardinals and he taking the Chicago Cubs. We are playing the seasons at random, with a number generator, and so far we have completed 1951, 1989, 2003, 1993, 1995 and 2001. Currently we are playing 1907, 2008, and we soon get 1986 underway. So far I have managed to improve on the Cardinals records and won the world series in 1989 when I shouldn't have made the playoffs, made the playoffs in 1993, won the world series in 2001, and made it to the World Series in 2003. I have improved my record in 1995, and so far in 1907 with some really bad teams. In 1951 I managed to improve from third place to second place. Its proved to be very entertaining, but it will likely take us several years to get caught up to where we only have to play the new seasons when they come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment