Thursday, May 21, 2009

Movie Review Terminator: Salvation 7.5/10

I am different from most people.  I go and see a movie then I check Rottentomatoes to see how it is doing.  After watching it tonight I expected to log onto Rotten Tomatoes and see it with at least a decent rating.  I was very surprised to see how poorly it was doing.  I really liked this movie, which is odd, because I really, really dislike all of the Terminator movies.  This one however, got my attention.  Maybe it was just because of the nice flashy special effects, and see a huge robot on the screen.  Or maybe it was the fact that it had the kid who played Chekov from Star Trek and Charley Bartlett in it.  The weakness of the movie is its storyline, and a few of the acting performances.  Moon Bloodgood won't be winning any awards she was in it because she is hot (although oddly I think Bryce Dallas Howard is way hotter) and neither will Michael Ironside.  The plot is a bit thin, and the storytelling a bit wooden, but honestly, I don't think most people are watching this movie for the screenplay.  Christian Bale is good as usual, but it was a bit annoying that he dropped into his Batman voice from time to time, he really needs to avoid that.  Sam Worthington put in a surprisingly good performance, and is a bit of a scene stealer, he is definitely a less is more type of actor though.  The kid, Anton Yelchin, is really good and he is without a doubt a rising young talent.  It must have been a hell of a month for him with both this movie and Star Trek coming out.  Its good to be him, must be a tough life for a 20 year old.  He has come along way since Hearts of Atlantis.  All in all a good film, great special effects, some decent acting, its a popcorn flick, but hey that doesn't mean it isn't enjoyable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment