Sunday, May 17, 2009

In case any of you were ever going to get me a present....

So I was thinking of things that would be awesome presents for me. Yea I am just that self centered :) And I came up with ten baseball books that I really want, but are hard to find and have never managed to add to my collection. Figured, heck why not, I love lists, I might as well make a list of my top ten most wanted baseball books.

1. Wicked Curve: The Life and Troubled Times of Grover Cleveland Alexander by John C. Skipper

2. Three Finger: The Mordecai Brown Story by Cindy Thomson

3. Ed Delahanty in the Emerald Age of Baseball by Jerrold Casway

4. Connie Mack: A Life in Baseball by Ted Davis

5. Frank "Home Run" Baker: Hall of Famer and World Series Hero by Barry Sparks

6. Eddie Collins A Baseball Biography by Rick Huhn

7. Money Pitcher: Chief Bender And The Tragedy of Indian Assimilation by William C. Kashatus

8. Rube Marquard: The Life and Times of a Baseball Hall of Famer byLarry D. Mansch

9. Christy Mathewson by Michael Hartley

10. Tris Speaker: The Rough and Tumble Life of a Baseball Legend by Timothy M. Gray

4 comments:

  1. Woot, I added Money Pitcher to my collection this week. Good Times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to a wonderful gift by Mr. Andrew Dunham I know have books 1-4 on my list of the top ten baseball books I would like to add to my collection.

    ReplyDelete